Sunday, March 12, 2006

Spring is Here!


This weekend was unbelievable! Temperatures almost reaching 80 F (around 24 C)! It looks like the spring is defenitely arriving. It's so nice to see people outside, jogging, biking, having lunch outside in the cafes....the energy of the city is completely different. My energy is completely different. I even got better from my cold!
So, John and I decided to enjoy the weekend outdoors!
Saturday we woke up early, grabbed a bagel in our favorite Bagel Place close to our apartment, stopped by a nice park closeby and had breakfast. Then we headed to the Patuxent Park (MD), where we went mountain biking! Then we went to the Natural History Museum to watch the I-Max 3D film of Wild Safari in South Africa (where we will be in a few months!). After that, we went to pick up the Thank You notes we had made to send to our family and friends that are sending us wedding gifts. We finnally had home and took a nap....so at night we had energy to go meet our friends for a fun night at the Irish Pub and Guarapo (Latin Club).
But it didn't end there. Sunday was another beautiful day (not as sunny as Saturday), and I went inaugurate my new rollerblades!!! Yes! I bought one for me (cute ones in black and pink). John went running and helped me during the times I almost fell (a lot of times!).
So nice to feel the spring arriving, the trees starting to blossom and people using light clothes and playing outside.
I hope this weather came to stay!

8 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Me too! I can't wait to wear the nice summer dresses I bought in Rio last month! and also to go back into my cycling schedule!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Denise Arcoverde said...

Que foto mais linda aí embaixo de vocês dois num beijinho tão fofo... também quero meu maridinho de volta!!!!! e ainda falta mais de uma semana pra ele chegar :-(

Beijoca e boa primavera :-)

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger mulher de aries said...

Eu tambem to feliz da vida com a primavera...boa semana...te vejo na feijoada...beijos

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

This weekend was amazing! The weather was so nice... so warm... and you guys took the outdoors seriously ;)
I used to rollerblade with Nicollas in Ipanema on sundays. soo good!
I'm glad you guys have fun!Have a nice week.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Camila said...

Ai, que delicia... Aproveitaram mesmo o fim-de-semana hein! Adorei as fotos!!
Beijocas

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Mary said...

que delicia esse passeio d vcs..me lembra qndo eu e a re tivemos ai q fizemos canoon!!nao sei se é assimq se escreve!
hehehehhe
e depois fikamos doloridas...depois ainda akele churrasquinho do john.. muito bom!!
bjaooo

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Ellenzinha said...

Que delícia! e os seus patins são lindos *rs*, pretendo voltar a patinar acho que a semana que vem, só estou esperando os meus patins chegarem, vou tentar patinar regularmente como atividade física, pra ajudar a emagrecer, pode-se perder até 800 calorias em uma hora de patinação!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home